Professional EPDM Roofing
What is an EPDM Roofing System?
EPDM roofing is a popular material for flat commercial roofs. EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a durable synthetic rubber membrane. It has been a cost effective choice in the industry for over 30 years and has proven its ability to endure hazards and stay flexible in extreme temperatures. EPDM roofing material has a life expectancy of 15-25 years.
What are the Benefits of EPDM Roofing?
- Lightweight, meaning less weight on the building structure
- Proven performance record of over 40 years
- Low maintenance requirements
- Unharmed by UV radiation
- Resistant to heat and fire
- Remains flexible and accommodates structure movement
EPDM Roof Repair
Besides its durability, one of the reasons EPDM roofing is popular is of its simplicity in application. Field seams in EPDM roofs involve using one of two methods:
- The splice adhesive method – With this method, an adhesive is applied to the seam and then a lap sealant is applied to the edge of the seam.
- Peel and Stick method – With this method, an adhesive tape is applied to bond the seam together. This newer method is a stronger bond and lasts longer.
EPDM is available in both black and white but is most popular in black due to its effective cost point.
As professional roofers, Summit Commercial Roofing knows how to repair and reroof buildings with EPDM roofs. If you have a roof with this material that needs work then let us come out and take a look. We will give you a quick quote at a competitive price. We are professionals who stand by our work. Contact us now to get a quote.